I was originally born in Denmark. Denmark is a lovely country where taxes are high but most public services are free. Many surveys state that the Danes are the happiest people in the world and I believe it is because the people feel very safe in all aspects of their life.
Situated in Northern Europe, Denmark has a rich history and is generally a nice place.
Work has brought me overseas and so far, I have lived in many different cities and countries :
- Jakarta (Indonesia)
- Shanghai (People's Republic of China)
- Singapore (Singapore)
- Hong Kong (before it became part of the People's Republic of China as well as during and after the hand-over which took place in 1997)
- Ramsey, NJ (USA)
- San Francisco, CA (USA)
- Gerrards Cross (UK)
- East Twickenham (UK)
- Fort Lauderdale, FL (USA)
- Dubai (U.A.E.)
- Both for work and pleasure, I traveled the world. I have been in A LOT of countries.
- One day, I want to assemble photos, create maps, and share more details about this.
- In general, I was very well received everywhere, I made lots of friends, and I had a good time.
- Despite multiple cultures, religions, and different heritage, I found that people all over the world are generally nice, open minded, and that they have good intentions.
In my native Denmark, I lived in many places, too:
- I was born in Vejle
- We then moved to Aabenraa
- In 1980, we moved to Horsens
- I moved to Copenhagen in 1989
- I took up my first overseas posting in 1991
- Since January, 2010, I have lived in Copenhagen